Generally speaking, as long as you stick to the following core principles you should not find yourself subject to disciplinary action:
- Ensure a friendly atmosphere to our visitors and forum members
- Encourage the freedom of expression and exchange of information in a mature and responsible manner
The following is not an exhaustive list of the rules and guidelines that must be followed when creating posts on the SquidwardCC forum. The rules outlined below are only the minimum expectations of members and not every issue can be predicted and addressed here, so conduct could still be considered out of line even if it isn't explicitly covered here. The moderation team reserves the right to terminate any and all accounts or remove any content at any stage without prior notice. The instructions of the moderation team must be followed at all times.
- No harassment, discrimination, or abuse of any kind.
- No pornography, sexually explicit, or obscene content.
- No trolling.
- No political content.
- No spamming or non-constructive posts, including: Posting the same topic multiple times, Post count / Solution count farming.
- No shortened links (bit.ly etc.) without the permission of staff.
- No thread dumping (posting a thread in the wrong section). Check the forum for the most appropriate location for your thread before posting.
- No advertising.
- No referral, affiliate, or paid links.
- Self-promotion of personal websites or content (YouTube/Twitch/etc) is only allowed on your own profile page.
- No promoting items that you are selling on third-party sites (eg. eBay, Craigslist).
- Discussion on how to engage in piracy is not allowed.
- Redistribution of copyrighted material, including links to third party hosting sites, is not permitted.
- Any illegal content or discussion on engaging in illegal activities is not permitted. English law applies, as well as any jurisdictions that apply to you.
- Do not post other people's personal information (name, email, addresses, phone number, etc) without their explicit consent.
- Do not post personally identifiable information pertaining to anybody under the age of 16, including yourself, regardless of whether you have permission to do so.
- Text only, no images or other external content linked.
- No advertising or external links.
- Do not openly discuss the moderation of any content or user. If you have an issue please contact a staff member.
- Do not backseat moderate – if there’s an issue, please use the report function. This includes responses such as "off topic", "spam", "advertising", "status update material" etc; leave it for the mod team to handle.
- Please be aware staff cannot see private messages unless they are reported, except in exceptional circumstances.
- If you have an issue with a moderator at any time, please contact an Administrator via PM.